Friday, July 24, 2015

Living La Dolce Vita: Positano, Italy with Giada De Laurentiis



While watching the new series Giada in Italy from Food Network filmed entirely in Positano Italy, where the water is crystal-blue, and cascading flowers and lush greens flow from the quaint city nestled into the hill-side, I was struck by the beautiful location with it's breathtaking views, scenic beaches and a pool literally carved from a cliff...  I was curious did Giada buy a villa in Italy?   As it turns out the Set is filmed at the Torre Sponda a private and gated compound overlooking Positano Bay, with 5 beautiful villas to choose from.  Giada's villa is the beautiful Casa Grande and while it has been "re-fluffed" for the series it is a gorgeous, luxurious vacation rental with the most amazing views.


POSITANO ITALY
In the 1940's John Steinbeck visited Positano and it became a life long destination for him.  His visits launched Positano into the International Jet Set, drawing Jackie Kennedy, movie stars, and the wealthy of the world to vacation there.


Giada and her daughter Jade - photo courtesy of The Food Network



CASA GRANDE

Venetian chandelier, blue linen patterned headboard and rich sun-dried tomato red chairs...  photo - The Food Network
























POOL AND BEACHES










THE GARDENS













PICCOLA CISTERNA
Because I love blue and white, I had to show one of the bedrooms from another of Torre Sponda's villas: Piccola Cisterna... it's fresh and charming.  
















Positano and the villas at Torre Sponda are gorgeous!  I wonder if Giada will have a guest spot next season ... a girl can dream.    Ciao!











All photos of Torre Sponda & Positano: www.positano-torresponda.com

23 comments:

  1. Rie I am now excited to visit Positano! What a gorgeous setting by the sea, which is my idea of perfection!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Ceramic Artist Leah Bowring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I am with you by the sea it is! xx Rié

      Delete
  2. Oh Rie, a guess spot for you for sure :)
    What a beautiful place to holidays any season for me... The cliff-side verandas are wonderful with such beautiful views...just breath taking... As for the pool I love it's lapping length and the pool water I am sure is filled with the sea.
    This post makes me want to plan a big travel to Italy.

    Thank you for your beautiful visit to my place :)
    A beautiful dreamy weekend to you.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dore, I love "and the pool water I am sure is filled with the sea." No wonder your blog is so dreamy. Thank you for coming by. xxRié

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Jana, I like the kitchen as well with the red cabinets and blue and white tile. I wish I could have shown how HGTV spruced it up adding a free standing range next to a window with those amazing views. Thank you for coming by. All the best, Rié

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The views are just lovely! I would love to go someday. I hope your day is lovely, thank you for coming by. All the best, Rié

      Delete
  5. That looks like paradise! I love the greenery spilling over into the sea. I could live there :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your amazing green thumb Loi it could only be more beautiful!

      Delete
  6. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by and for leaving a kind note. Hope you come back again. All the best, Rié

      Delete
  7. I just happened across your blog in a search for the location of Giadia's villa for the show filmed in Positano. I see that we have a number of mutual blog friends here so I must follow all this beauty of your blog. Isn't her Foodnetwork show fun? We are headed to Positano in July so I'm re-watching some of the episodes in anticipation. Wonderful to see your blog. Happy September!
    Cheers, Heather @ Stylemindchic Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, Thank you for coming by. I am sorry I just saw your kind comment. I hope you come by again. All the best, Rié

      Delete
  8. Rie...love your blog and love Positano...our favorite place in the world! We've been twice ..hoping to return someday! Can you tell me how I can get the plates Giada used? I know they're everywhere there but how would I get them shipped to U.S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI R, Twice to Positano, how wonderful! I would love to go someday. The plates Giada uses can be bought at Vietri.com Now, the styles change over the years as to what is available here in the states, but the "fish" Campagna Pesce that she shows is still available. If you are looking for a particular item, you could also such their retailer list. I hope that helps! And that you come back again! All the best, Rié

      Delete
  9. I love reading the posts of this blog, it makes me even more excited to visit Positano next sept..
    My husband and I are just starting to make our plans. Would absolutely love to visit the villas! Suggestions please?
    He loves cooking and is excited to embrace the Italian quisine and enjoy grape harvest. But the picture of this hillside pool has me really intrigued.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Tracy Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey how kind! I haven't been to Italy, even thought my husband is Italian. But I look forward to hearing about your trip next Sept. All the best, Rié | Portobello Design Blog

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where can I find the blue and white wall tiles from the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would never leave that beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful scenery and design. Can you tell me how I might go about renting that villa where the pictures were taken in Positano?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning villa! I've been in Posirano and whishing to go again and hopefully find the villa and meet Giada while she is shopping for ricotta.
    Every thing is possible!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...