Friday, December 5, 2014

Balanced Beauty: Designer Amy Aidinis Hirsch

Chinoiserie Chic - A collection of blue and white Chinese porcelain and Gracie wallpaper makes a lovely dinning room.


Amy Aidinis Hirsch is a Greenwich-based interior design firm.  I was introduced to her on Bennison 

Fabrics' Instagram with the quote "Another lovely room by ..."  Which of course compelled me to

see more of her work.   Her work is liveable, modern and fresh, a remix of the classics and oh so

pretty.  I was torn between showcasing two of her projects, but since blue and white is always a

favorite, and every time I looked at her take on a mudroom I thought, "When my son was little he

would have wanted to sleep right there..." I couldn't resist.  Enjoy.








Amy Aidinis Hirsch is a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technology and has won numerous

awards.  You can see her love for architecture and curated details in every space.





Flooded in light this room is warm, inviting, and fresh-  I love the exposed beams and heavy iron 

chandelier, along with barn doors mixed with dressmaker details.





Hirsch deftly mixes patterns, I counted 6 different patterns in this room, and soft inviting colors...





This room is what I mean by a classic remix with the painted geometric wood floor, exposed beams,

and modern orbit glass drop chandelier.  You can find a similar chandelier here:  








Traditional clear glass knobs and pulls, (similar here and here) stainless steel industrial hood,

polished nickel pendant (similar here), white Staub Cocottes (I love this French cookware) ...





French Riviera stools in navy. (similar Serena & Lily)





A pretty, contemporary living room with plenty of seating.





A gorgeous navy blue leather door with a glass knob and nickel brads leading into what looks

like a library ... sigh.








I have always wanted enough room in my master bath to have a chair or upholstered bench; it's just

too narrow.   I love the frame-less glass shower doors, marble, and marble tiles with nickle finishes,

but the width is what I love most... I could have two chairs and possibly a small table if I wanted!

Or better yet, a settee!  A girl can dream. 





Now this is a mudroom!  I love the black lacquered Dutch door, bead board, and moldings,

the mix of fabrics and custom built-ins.   I know my son, when he was little, would have

begged me to sleep right there on one of these alcove benches!





The perfect mud room accessory - Don't you just love Hunter boots?  They come in the greatest

colors and styles.  (here)  Hirsch design is the perfect description of liveable luxury... look at the

amount of thoughtful storage.  A wall of custom cabinets, drawers underneath the benches,

peg racks, and my personal favorite: a shoe rack.  I keep a basket by our door for shoes, but this is

much more stylish and would make finding the right shoe for the right task easy.





Amy Aidinis Hirsch design philosophy is to translate her client's individual needs into a custom-fit

design with a meticulous attention to architectural details, function, and aesthetics.   Personally, I am

looking forward to see more from this talented designer.








I hope it's lovely where you are...

All the best, Rié




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...