Thursday, January 1, 2015

At Home with VELVET & LINEN: Brooke & Steve Giannetti



Brooke and Steve Giannetti really need no introduction as they are the inspirational, stylish authors of the book Patina Style and Brooke's very popular blog Velvet & Linen.   Steve is an architect, Brooke is a decorator, together they are the owners of Giannetti Home, a west L.A. retail shop that shouldn't be missed.  What you may not know is they made the decision to re-design their lives and move from the bustle of Los Angeles, to four and a half acres of meadow and pasture in the small town of Ojai, California.   Their beautiful home, Patina Farm, is nestled amongst cypress and oak trees, a profusion of white roses, lavender, and boxwood gardens.  If their beautiful home and out-buildings, exquisite surfaces, sumptuous furnishings and antiques, surrounded by lush California native gardens weren't enough to convenience you that they made the right choice, their menagerie of chickens, dogs, rabbits, darling miniature donkeys, and goats are sure to charm you into changing your view.


I am always looking for inspiration, which Brooke and Steve never fail to provide.   Are you ready to be inspired?    Enjoy.





"We named it Patina Farm for a reason.  It's the idea that you use natural materials and 
let them age gracefully over time, - as I'm trying to do myself." 
 -   Brooke Giannetti





"We're not concerned with provenance so much as with what just appeals to us."
-Steve Giannetti




"We built the house to be able to use it as our family changed..."





"It's an open floor plan.  The children's bedrooms are in a separate wing, 
so it still works when it's just Steve and me and the animals."





"There's not a space in this house we don't use."
-Brooke Giannetti












"It was a way to make decisions,  following the story of the building."






"Each part of the house and outbuildings called for materials consistent with its character; thus the stucco portions of the main house required a traditional tile roof, 
while the barn siding on the office paired with a corrugated-metal roof." 
-Steve Giannetti





Applied finishes and paint were used sparingly.
"To make it look natural, you have to leave it natural."
-Steve Giannetti








"You have to decide how you're going to live in the space.  For example, I wanted to be able to sit at my desk and look out at the garden."  - Brooke Giannetti






Steve & Brooke Giannetti and their adorable miniature donkeys.

11980 San Vincente Blvd
L.A. CA
310-826-2407



I hope it's lovely where you are...

xx Rié







*All photos provided by Veranda

21 comments:

  1. Wow Rie! Thank you so much for the lovely post about us and our home!
    Happy New Year!

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure!! Thank you for all of your inspiration, and for taking the time to leave a sweet note! All the best to you and Steve, kids and animals. :) xx Rié

      Delete
  2. it is lovely where i am but nothing, nothing rivals what brooke and steve created. gorgeous in all regards!
    i had the opportunity to meet brooke in person and she is as lovely as she designs and very down to earth.
    really enjoyed!
    debra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, Thank you for coming by and leaving a comment! It doesn't surprise me that Brooke is as lovely as her designs. How fun to have had the opportunity to meet her, hopefully it was at her beautiful home! I hope you come back again! I wish you a lovely day! Rié

      Delete
  3. Their home is spectacular!! Steve and Brooke have impeccable taste and style reflected in their gorgeous home and surroundings.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Alice, Thank you for your support and always insightful comments. I agree, their home is spectacular! I hope you have a lovely day, can't wait to see what is next at Chåteau Chic!! Rié

      Delete
  4. Hello Rié! I have enjoyed this article in my copy of Veranda, and watching it all over again here. The natural sunlight and wood with the Gianetti's choices of accessories really works for me. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, Me too! I had just bought it at our Lowes and on the way home decided I couldn't get enough and just had to share it with everyone! Happy New Years to you as well! Can't wait to see what is next for Castles Crowns and Cottages! Rié

      Delete
  5. What an exceptionally beautiful post! I think it is rare to see a space so sophisticated that also leaves you feeling that the room was clean and spacious, uncluttered and unpretentious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so very sophisticated, clean and spacious, inspired, that I went through my home yesterday and did some re-design. Thank you for stopping by! Rié

      Delete
  6. It is rare to see a home that is equally beautiful from the decor and design, to the elevation and architecture, to the landscape and setting. Truly amazing! Thank you for the lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are an amazing, talented duo, an architect and a designer - who could ask for anything more! :) Thank you for your kind words. Have a lovely day; hope you come back and visit again! Rié

      Delete
  7. This is such a beautiful home and a wonderful Veranda feature! I love the blog as well, wonderful share, Rie!!
    xo. Leslie
    Segreto Finishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love it; everything was picked just for a particular spot, nothing extraneous or left over from another design. Lovely. Thank you for the kind words Leslie! xx

      Delete
  8. I love their house; and I love those people! It is even more beautiful in person; if you can believe it! The photographs in Veranda were by one of my favorite photographers, and they are fantastic!

    I consider them both real friends; and I am so so happy for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thrilled you left a comment. I kept the pictures that were published of your home for ... ever. When I still see photos of your living room crop up on a blog or Instagram, I still have to stop and really look at such a lovely design! Thank you for coming by and thank you for your kind words. Have a lovely day and I hope you come back again for another visit! All the best to you, Rié

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!!!
      I love and subscribe to your blog!!!

      Delete
    3. I am so thrilled and honored!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  9. I meant to comment earlier but forgot... the second I saw this featured on your blog I bought the digital version of Veranda... only to discover three days later that my snail mail susbscription of Veranda had not ended! I just love the design of Patina Farm... if money were not an object I would want a farm with mini donkeys too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had that happen with AD! I just love their design as well. I have an extra print copy, if you would like it, I will send it to you. Just send me an email at riemoratto@gmail.com. All the best, Rié

      Delete
  10. I would like to appreciate your work and would like to tell to my friends.If you want more information something like visit full luxury bed linen get more details.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...