Saturday, August 30, 2014

Charlotte Moss Garden Inspirations




Recently I started an Instagram for Portobello Design, I began with pictures from the blog "Pour La Table" "Weekend Chic".  I just recently started my collections: #Saturday #whites,  and a perennial favorite #blueandwhite.  I like the idea of collections or mood boards and I immediately thought of the celebrated interior designer and renowned taste-maker Charlotte Moss, and Volià! #CharlotteMossThursday, with a collection of her garden collages was born.   I love every room or house she designs, her table settings and menus, and her gardens and flower rooms.   Ms. Moss's East Hampton home with her lovely flower room, zinc sink and green-glazed cabinets filled with countless vases, pitchers and bowls, where she creates the arrangements she places in almost every room, and unwinds at the end of a hectic week, makes me swoon.  And her new book (to purchase click the link)  Charlotte Moss Garden Inspirations which debuts in April 2015 is already added to my Amazon cart to preorder.




"Charlotte Moss's greatest muse is the garden, and this book shows the myriad ways the garden provides inspiration everyday - indoors and outdoors.  Touring readers through her own gardens, Moss offers insights on how to bring the garden into home life...exploring magnificent gardens around the world, including French and Italian, English and Russian, private and public..., Moss shows us-implores us-that "to behold our own patch of beauty and pleasure" (Edith Wharton) is not beyond our reach." (AMAZON) 

Pictures of her East Hampton garden




Here are the lovely and inspiring collages from portobellodesign (Instagram) #CharlotteMossThursday.  Enjoy!






































I know he is not a collage, but can you blame me...  look at that face!  This is Charlotte Moss's new #Buddy poolside with his D. Porthault towel of course.  So sweet!



I hope it's lovely where you are...

xx Rié



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...