Friday, February 13, 2015

Absolutely Beautiful Bath & Kitchen Design Inspirations



People seem to have a love-hate relationship with their kitchen and bathrooms.  Currently I too am in the process of refreshing my kitchen and bathrooms, and I am always looking for great design inspiration.  Earlier this week I had the pleasure of posting a fabulous home in the Dorset countryside by the very talented English designer Emma Sims of Sims Hilditch.  While reviewing all of her design projects I fell in love with her gracious kitchen and bath designs that showcase her love of light, colour, architecture, and proportions.   I am thrilled to introduce you to Emma's award winning signature style that is sure to leave you dreaming and planning...  





- COTSWOLD MANOR HOUSE -
"The trick is not to overdo the tiling as it can appear cold and harsh.  For the Cotswold project, we used tiles for shower enclosure but opted for a treated timber floor and a combination of wood paneling and paint for the wall treatments."




"The colour scheme was loosely inspired by the warm neutral shades of ceramics and driftwood.  Simply layering slightly different shades of white, grey and taupe creates depth without over complicating the scheme."


"The finishing touch is to style the room with luxurious towels, bathrobes, scented candles and a range of spa products - the perfect haven to which one can escape to after a long day."


















- WILTSHIRE BARN CONVERSION -
"... choosing warm timber boarding for the ceiling, we gave the barn historical roots and created a comfortable, elegant and restful space." 










- RADLETT FAMILY HOME -
"...With so many diverse spaces we needed to soften and harmonise the interior with a sophisticated blend of lighting, warm materials and natural wood.  The kitchen was the final piece de resistance with a stunning jumbo island painted in smoke and finshed with oak worktops."











- MANOR COTTAGES - 
"The owner of this former stable block in the Chilterns wanted to transform the elegant building into a row of cottages that could accommodate guests, children and an overflow of family."


"We designed three cottages, each with their own Neptune kitchen and bathroom, and an elegant and versatile free flowing living space."











- BELGRAVIA APARTMENT -
"The soft natural tones used in the refurbishment of this Belgravia Apartment set the right balance between simplicity and luxury."











- DORSET MANOR HOUSE -
"In the heart of the rolling Dorset countryside."  "With the house dating back to 1200, we wanted to celebrate the traditional interior whilst providing an open, light living area..."




"Beautiful wallpapers from GP & J Baker and Sandberg, and heritage colours from Farrow and Ball." 




See this beautiful home from our post here.






- CHELSEA APARTMENT -
"We used a tranquil palette of watery blues and soft greens against a backdrop of linen and textured wall coverings to create a sophisticated scheme for the three en-suite bedrooms, family kitchen and spacious living area."












- BATH CRESCENT APARTMENT -
"This crescent suffered extensive bomb damage during WWII, ... The sensitive restoration emphasized the natural light generous proportions and striking architecture with a contemporary palette of bright colours, luxurious materials, wide oak floor boards and beautiful lighting."

















- RIVERSIDE TOWNHOUSE -
"A private Queen Anne Home with beautiful views, on the bank of the River Thames..."




"Our clients wanted a to escape busy city life so we focused on giving them a restful, luxurious retreat for their expanding family."


"The bespoke kitchen, bathrooms and interior furnishings were enhanced by opening up the downstairs living area and by introducing neutral paint colours and lots of natural timbers."









I hope it's lovely where you are...

xx Rié



All quotes by designer Emma Simms


37 comments:

  1. Such an impressive portfolio of beautiful rooms - very serene, fresh and stylish. Her color palette is divine. Gorgeous post, Rie. Cheers from DC, L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loi! I love her aesthetic, I am glad you enjoyed her work. All the best!

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree more with Loi's comments! The wall paper in several of the bathrooms is like museum quality artwork, and incredibly beautiful. Thank you for another wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I agree the wallpaper is divine and only enhances her beautiful design. Thank you for coming by!

      Delete
  3. So lovely, thank you for this great post! I love every and each room.... We are embarking on a renovation of an old Norman Tudor in the coming year and I could see all of these soothing interiors working with our plans....
    Thanks!
    Dana
    @danamerrillstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An old Norman Tudor!! How lovely!! I would love to see pictures! Thank you for stopping by, I am glad Emma Sims work is a design inspiration for you. All the best, Rié

      Delete
  4. After working for a reclaimed and antique wood business for several yrs in the U.S., I found that very few Americans can be convinced of how easy it is to maintain a wood counter, especially with newer natural sealers. Most of my clients ended up being from the U.K. or rest of Europe. Its as if we need a massive media campaign in the U.S. to get people off of glass-breaking, excessively shiny, dust every day, oh so cold granites! As long as wood stays a specialty counter in the U.S., the prices for them will remain higher than granites (except at Ikea!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no denying the beauty of wood or the warmth and serenity it brings to a kitchen or bath. I personally love reclaimed and antique wood especially in my kitchen. As I mentioned I am in the process of refreshing ... painting the cabinets a lovely white with open shelves above and adding hardware. While currently it is not in the budget to replace the counter tops, not yet, I have added in an antique counter standing French butcher block, wood and brass, and an antique cutting board that acts as a coffee and tea bar, and one new round cutting board to be use as a hot plate for my Staub tea pot. It really warms up all of the beautiful white and the lighter grey blue on the walls. I would love to see pictures of your work. It must be frustrating to see the design of wood in a kitchen and have Americans panic over how will they maintain it. Similar happen to me when I opted for open shelves, they are a sinch to maintain... but people online protested about... I think people just need to see new ideas of design more often and they will become more comfortable. Keep "pitching" as my brother says, they will come around. All the best, Rié

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness these arelovely and timeless...love their work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Cindy! Thank you so much for coming by; so glad you think her designs are lovely. xx

      Delete
  6. When someone writes an article he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of 
    it. So that's why this piece of writing is perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words; I am very happy you stopped by. All the best, Rié

      Delete
  7. My goodness,the bath kitchen is just stunning, and so classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more; her work is stunning and classy! Thank you for coming by! All the best, Rié

      Delete

  8. I totally agree with this,and in fact I was about to mention some importance of charlotte Kitchen counters in my comment below.It’s certainly a fact that helps makes us work more and faster.see more

    charlotte Kitchen counters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to viewing Charlotte Kitchen counters. Thank you for stopping by. All the best, Rié

      Delete
  9. All ideas of living room design here is very nice and interesting, from here I get the reference. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you how kind. I hope you come by again. All the best

      Delete
  10. I would utilize these tips & ideas to renovate my kitchen and make them stand in some where between high end design and low budget budget equation. An eye opening post for me!! I am glad that finally I met with a real "practical" kitchen expert.

    Nikki
    مطابخ مودرن

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind, thank you! I am glad you enjoyed the post. All the best, and I hope you come back again.

      Delete
  11. We are the best home, bathrooms and kitchen Remodeling Chicago services provider. We also focused various concepts when remodeling kitchen, as mentioned below

    1. Exotic Countertops
    2. Hardware is like jewelry
    3. Custom cabinets are a must
    4. Leave the walls in place.
    5. Surfacing: Faux is fine.
    6. Design it, don't over do it
    7. Cut back on appliances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you do amazing work in Chicago! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. I love reading blogs and this is one of my most favorite blogs because I enjoyed a lot at this source thank you so much!
    Lakeville bathroom remodel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, How kind, thank you! I hope you come back again! All the best to you.

      Delete
  13. I always find a wonderful content in this blog related to the House Design and new ideas of designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I hope you come back again!

      Delete
  14. Really a great job done by your your work is really very appreciative.Thanks for sharing here the beautiful pictures of your bathroom, kitchen and living area. I have no words to explain the beauty of this house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy so stopped by, and that you enjoyed the post. All the best.

      Delete
  15. I like the design and the colouring of the bathroom. Really a nice attempt and it grabs attention. You can also makeover your bathroom with innovative and latest bathroom design ideas and make your bathroom look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great! We will be connecting to this enormous post on our site. Continue the good writing. Bathroom remodel Lakeville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it Herry. Have a wonderful evening.

      Delete
  17. Love it! This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work Thank you so much for sharing this kind of info- replacement kitchen doors essex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephenn for coming by, and for the kind words! Hope you come back again!

      Delete
  18. Wonderful! I appreciate all your works. Your site is very interesting and has many advantages. Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for always being the source that explains things instead of just putting an unjustified answer out there. I loved this post.
    Bathroom Remodeling

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful Bath & Kitchen Design ! I like this look. Thanks for sharing.
    Kitchen remodeling Austin
    bathroom remodeling Austin

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...