Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Art of Coloring Your Life: SUZANNE KASLER & NEW YORK FASHION WEEK








It seems that 2015 promises to be the year of color, every shelter magazine is touting some version of "color for every room".  While many of us who have subscribed to neutrals don't wish to live in bright colorful spaces, we do want to know how to add in color and make it sophisticated and livable.  But how?  The first designer I thought of was Suzanne Kasler, who is known for her classically inspired rooms, pretty palettes, and gorgeous approachable spaces.  Her designs begin with a neutral palette  - cream walls, gray linen, and gold accents.  She then layers shades of lavenders, blues, and rusts, creating a warm space that is as elegant as it is inviting.  These unexpected colors update traditional neutral spaces beautifully.  Suzanne, who is always inspired by fashion, described,  I like to use dressmaker details to add a little charm and make a room feel special.  It is these exquisite haute couture details and colors that drive her aesthetics.  It seems New York Fashion Week for Fall 2015 agrees: the runways showed layers of colors mixed with neutrals.  For inspiration, I have combined photos from the runways with similar Sherwin-Williams paint colors shown in each room, and Suzanne Kasler's beautiful design, to help you express yourself both at home and in your wardrobe.  It's the art of coloring your life... 






Tibi



























Tibi

















Tibi










Tibi






 
 I hope it's lovely where you are...
xx Rié





14 comments:

  1. Beautiful feature, Rie! So looking forward to this year of color with you!!
    xo. Leslie
    Segreto Finishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that coffee table in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana me too! Love her design; thank you for coming by. All the best, Rié

      Delete
  3. This post is just brilliant, Rie!! What a fabulous way to tie the world of fashion and home design together. Great research and work. Bravo, friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loi, that really means so much. All the best to you always! xx

      Delete
  4. I have to agree with the gentleman above me, this was simply brilliant. I have never seen someone weave a post with design photos, hand-selected color swatches, and fashion in one pretty mixture!
    A joy to read, and impressive to view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, thank you for the kind words; they are an encouragement to me! I hope you come by again. All the best to you. Rié

      Delete
  5. Rie', The remarks by Loi Thai and Anonymous completely describe my reaction to this lovely blog!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely post, Rie. I am one who has to have color in my decor. I've tried the all neutral palette in a room but found myself gradually adding bits of color back in.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Alice,, I am so glad you stopped by. I too am one who has to have some color in a neutral backdrop of color. Adding color back into my life slowly has made all the difference, making every item more important and sophisticated by a lighter hand. All the best! xx Rié

      Delete
  7. great..

    http://obatherbaldisentriakut33.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, how kind! I hope you stop by again. All the best, Rié

      Delete

We would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...