Sunday, March 29, 2015

INSPIRATION FOR LIVING BEAUTIFULLY: A Hampton Cottage and Garden Tour




Jenny Wolf, a Manhattan-based interior designer and her husband, John Wolf, were looking for a large house in the Hamptons with an open floor plan.  What they bought was a small, dark farmhouse from the 19th century with a beautiful garden.  Jenny went right to work making the house feel bigger, adding comfortable and stylish furnishings, getting rid of the attic, allowing 6 more feet of vaulted space, exposing wood beams downstairs, painting the walls white, and the floors, except in the kitchen, were given a coat of pale green.

 Enjoy this Hampton Cottage and Garden Tour, a perfect inspiration for LIVING BEAUTIFULLY...


With fresh WHITE walls and MINIMAL DECORATION- 
 NEUTRAL COLORED fabrics, NATURAL WOODS,
metal TOLIX chairs, porcelain blue RETRO style SMEG refrigerator,  ...

and signs of a life LIVED BEAUTIFULLY: 
 A THROW WITHIN ARMS REACH for cooler nights, 
 a large CHALK BOARD for the day's activities, BEACH BAGS & WAGONS
 for carrying all things necessary for a day's play at the beach, ...
  
this HAMPTON HOME is a peaceful, serene refuge conducive for
 SLEEPING IN, RELAXING, and HOSTING  
 a swim party in their lovely garden for friends and family to join in the fun. 







































































189 FRANKLIN STREET
THIRD FLOOR
NEW YORK, NY 10013
(T) 917.751.0579



Beginning in April I am starting a new series: LIVE BEAUTIFULLY.  I am asking different designers and visionaries to answer the question, "What does LIVING BEAUTIFULLY mean to you?" or "How do you LIVE BEAUTIFULLY?"  The answer could be as simple as fresh flowers, fresh sheets and white towels, or "Tucking a handwritten note in my child's lunch,  I surround myself with people who have ___ characteristics, humility, compassion, creativity, or to LIVE BEAUTIFULLY my advice is...,  or Lessons I've learned..." or answering the question What makes a day in a BEAUTIFUL LIFE for you? "Starting with a perfect cup of coffee, a stop by the local art museums to see the new..., lunch with my daughter, dinner on the terrace.." As you can see it is very open ended.  However, with different voices and backgrounds in this series, I believe it will inspire us to LIVE BEAUTIFULLY.  

I hope you will join in the discussion and email me, or leave a comment with your answers as well.  -Looking forward to hearing from you!





14 comments:

  1. Oh Rie, could you imagine living here, I know a I sure could, of course adding my twist to the homes decor.
    Sometimes a smaller home just feels right and she added all the rightness to her home of beauty.
    I also love her 3 digit address, it's a dream of mine to have a 2 or 3 digit address not a 5 and 6 digit ones around here. It's just so cottage I a sense of the word. I can also see her shingles painted a black bean colour with the white trim.

    Thank you for such a beautifully inspiring share, and better yet thank you for takning time to visit me, your words were beautiful ones adding joy to my heart.

    See you soon.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living Beautifully is creating, your art speaks of beauty and so does your kindness! xxRié

      Delete
  2. oh my, this is sheer perfection, not captured in a huge home.
    looking forward to your series rie. as an interior designer, landscape designer and shop owner my personal 'living beautiful' does not resemble such moments of leisure, instead racing around mindlessly. but i do fulfill that for others and that is my joy!
    debra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living a life that you are passionate about: design, landscape, a beautiful shop, is living a beautiful life! Sharing beauty with others is a gift! Just like your friendship to me, thank you! Rié

      Delete
  3. What a delightful and beautiful cottage!! Definitely a great example of living beautifully with such a lovely relaxed style.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your home speaks to Living Beautifully, creating an inviting, welcoming home with signature touches! I would want to join you for a cup of tea! xxRié

      Delete
  4. This beach cottage is a dream!! The palette is so soothing and I love the quirky touches throughout! Adorable little blue fridge, too!!
    xo. Leslie
    Segreto Finishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This beach cottage is a dream, and a beach cottage for my family and friends is a dream of mine. The palette is very soothing! I think we all crave that in our homes. What a gift to your clients that your painting techniques create a soothing palette in their homes so they can Live Beautifully! xx Rié

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous simple retreat! And the backyard + swimming pool is just divine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and don't you think that sometimes its the more simple things in life or a home that make it a retreat! Living Beautiful can mean simply. Thank you for coming by, enjoy the rest of your day! xx Rié

      Delete
  6. Rie this home is so light, bright and inviting. I love it! The perfect beach house! Thank you so much for sharing!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Ellipsis: Dual Vision

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karena, Thank you for coming by and for your kind words. It really means so much! You prove that living beautifully can mean an encouraging note to a friend. xx Rié

      Delete
  7. What a charming post and a most lovely and inspiring series! I'm on my way back to peruse these once again! Thank you for the enchanting inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamera, How kind of you to come by. I love her home! I am so glad you like it. Thank you for the kind words they mean so much. Have a lovely evening... Rié

      Delete

We would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...